The Nest is thrilled at the opportunity to provide an early-education music class called Noisy Nest! When class is in session, a passerby can attest to the “noise” erupting from the room…but it is a JOYFUL noise!
The Noisy Nest’s curriculum is set up to help children exercise their musical muscles and become:
- Tuneful – to have tunes in their heads and learn to coordinate their voices to sing those tunes.
- Beatful – to feel the pulse of music and how that pulse is grouped in either twos or threes
- Artful – to be moved by music in the many ways music can elicit an emotional response.
Children who learn to be tuneful, beatful, and artful, will grow to be adults who benefit from what music can offer. They will be enriched by being able to share music in their daily lives. Of primary importance though, we desire our Noisy Nesters to come to know the God who gives us reason to celebrate–to rejoice in song! So that one day, they will join with creation in singing “a joyful noise to the Lord!” (Psalm 98:4)
During the 6 weeks of this high-energy musical journey, our gifted teacher covers areas of:
- Pitch Exploration
- Song Fragments ( Echo Songs/Call and Response Songs)
- Simple Songs
- Arioso (Child-created Tunes)
- Movement Exploration (Movement Warm-ups)
- Movement for Form and Expression
- Movement with the Beat
Through these areas, the children will be working on fine and gross motor skills, cognitive development, feelings exploration and increase in self-awareness and self-esteem.